Nagarkot at 2195m / 7200ft is a quiet and scenic hilltop about 32 km from Kathmandu, very popular as a Mountain Viewpoint. One can see the panorama of the Himalayas ranging from the Dhaulagiri in the west to Kanchanjunga in the east including Mt Everest. The other ranges you will see are the Langtang, Dorje Lakpa and the Gaurishankar ranges. The sunrise and sunset on the Himalayas seen from this hill could be a lifetime memory for you. The 4-hour hike starts at the Newari town of Sankhu. We pass the uphill trail through scattered villages, forests and farmlands and reach Nagarkot early afternoon. The hike on the second day from Nagarkot to Changunarayan is through a forested ridgeline with superb views of mountains. Changunarayan is Nepal’s oldest living monument dating back to the 5th century. It is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Amazing Sunrise from Himalaya
- View of Langtang, Dorje Lakpa, Garru Shanker Himalayan ranges including Mt. Everest in a clear day
- Old houses, Architecture, Traditional house, People and Culture
- Short distance and soft hiking from Kathmandu
- Visit UNESCO world heritage site