Poonhill trek is one of the popular and easiest treks in the Annapurna Sanctuary. The trek to poon hill can be completed in 3-4 days and the inexperienced trekkers can also get the experience of hiking in the region. The route of poon hill is well marked and there are many guesthouses and restaurants on the way. The poon hill is a great trail to do as an acclimatization trek before attempting one of the more challenging routes.
- One of Nepal's most famous short treks—and for good reason
- Climb 3,381 steps to be rewarded by panoramic views of Dhaulagiri
- Spend the night in comfortable teahouses along the trekking route
- Enjoy views of alpine lakes, fields, and mountains—including Annapurna South
Day 1:Arrive Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel
You will be greeted by a panoramic view of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below once you fly in the sky of Kathmandu. A representative and driver from our office will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. The representative will help you check into your designated hotel. At the hotel, you will be briefed about your daily activities. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu ( Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath and Patan Durbar Square) and Transfer to Hotel
Kathmandu, the city of peace, lives true to this description. The city is charming, busy, bustling, serene, alive and asleep – all at once. Kathmandu, which is derived from the Pahari word for ‘wood shelter’, is an abode of serenity and tranquillity, with its monasteries, temples and spiritual melting pots. While the natural beauty of the city is more than enough for travellers to throng Kathmandu year after year. There will be a guided tour to UNESCO World Heritage Sites namely Boudhanath- the largest Buddhist Stupa in Nepal, Pashupatinath- the most popular Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva and Patan or Lalitpur (the City of Artisans), which is 5km away from Kathmandu. At Patan Durbar Square, we will delight in the architectural wonders of the Malla era. Mahaboudha Temple, Kumbeshwor Temple, Krishna Temple and Golden Temple are the major attractions at the square. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3:Drive to Pokhara by private vehicle (6/7 hrs) and transfer to hotel
After an early breakfast, our endeavour towards Pokhara by a tourist bus (probably 6-7 hours journey). We will cover the total distance of 210km between Kathmandu and Pokhara along the snaky highway. On our way, we can see the picturesque Trishuli and Marsyangdi rivers along green and rocky mountains, rivers connecting each other and small springs too. Pokhara is a beautiful valley set on the banks of the Phewa and Begnas Lake, also known for its panoramic views of Annapurna (8,091m), Machapuchare (6,993m) in the north, Dhaulagiri (8,169m) in the west, Manaslu (8,156m) and Lamjung Himal (6,983) in the east. Pokhara is a lakeside tourist’s paradise with many facilities for travellers. You can roam around the lakeside where people of different cultures come to hang out and have some good time near Phewa lake. Accommodation at the bank of Lakeside.
Day 4:Drive to Nayapul - approx. 2 hrs, and trek to Tikhedhunga (1540m) - approx. 3/4 hrs
After breakfast, Drive to Nayapool by local transport, then walk around 2 hrs to reached Hile. We will have our lunch at Hile. After lunch trek Tikhedhunga. Night stay @ Tikhedhunga. This is a Magar Cultural Village. Overnight at Tikhedhunga.
Day 5:Trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani
After Breakfast, We will start our trek to Nange Thati (3 hrs). We will have our Lunch at Nange Thati. After lunch, continue trek to Ghorepani for 2 hrs. Here you’ll walk through the Rodhodrenden Forest. Where you will be introduced to a variety of birds, Black Face monkeys and Other Natural Herbs. Overnight at Ghorepani.
Day 6:Early morning hike to Poon Hill viewpoint (3,210 m/ 10,525 ft) and Trek to Tadapani - Ghandruk
Wake up early today. We will hike to Poonhill for the beautiful view of Sunrise. Here you have Amazing Mountain View @ 360 Degree. Back to the hotel for Breakfast. Trek to Tadapani and have Lunch. On the way, you will walk through a bushy jungle with unexpected scenery. After Lunch walk 3 hrs to Ghandruk where we will rest for the night.
Day 7:Trek back to Nayapool and Drive to Pokhara
After Breakfast making a tour around the village to know the locality and for beautiful Mountian scenery. This is a typical Gurung village with unique culture and tradition. Now we will Trek Back Syaulibazar, which will take around 3 hrs. We will have our Lunch at Syauli Bazar on the Bay of Modi River. Here you will be along with the Modi River and wonderful natural landscape. Then trek back to Nayapool 2 hrs. Back to Pokhara and Check into the hotel. In leisure time Shopping and self hangout. If we reach the hotel before 4 pm and the weather is fine you will be taken to Fewa Lake for boating 1hrs. Back to the hotel.
Day 8:Free day / Sightseeing tour of Pokhara
Enjoy a free day in Pokhara to unwind, relax, and give those muscles a rest after all that trekking. Your leader can advise you of sightseeing opportunities. It is worth taking a boat for a row out on the lake, especially if the weather’s fine. The lakeside area has great shopping opportunities and internet cafes. Pokhara has an interesting old area as well as an elaborate Hindu temple and a Buddhist monastery. Perhaps visit the Peace Pagoda, where spectacular views of the mountains await. You can see the Annapurnas from here, and the famous fishtail peak, Machhapuchhare, and back across to Pokhara. You will also visit the fascinating International Mountain Museum to learn some amazing tales of past climbing expeditions. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 9:Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Today we will drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu via the same route we took earlier. The rest of the day is free for your personal activities. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 10:Depart Kathmandu
Today is your last day in Nepal. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight or you can extend your Nepal tour by joining other tour packages and activities.
- Arrival and Departure Airport transfers
- Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Sightseeing Transfers
- Trek Transfer Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- English speaking professional Tour guide
- 3-nights accommodation on twin sharing basis in Kathmandu on BB Basis
- 3-nights accommodation on twin sharing basis in Pokhara on BB Basis
- English speaking professional Trek guide
- 4-nights accommodation on twin sharing in Tea House during the trek AP Basis
- Farewell Gala Dinner
- First Aid Kit
- ACAP and TIMS card
- Salary and Insurance of Trek Guide
- Detailed briefing of the trek
- Nepal Government Tax, VAT and Company Service Charge
- Lunch and Dinner during stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Entry fee to monumental sites
- Nepal entry Visa Cost
- Trekking Gears and Equipment
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance and Rescue (It is necessary in case of emergency)
- Extended Stay due to any natural disaster
- Anything not included in inclusions
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover.
2. Day Pack Bag – Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare batteries.
4. U V protection sunglasses.
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes
2. Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants.
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts.
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower.
5. Undergarments. Qty – 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck.
7. Full sleeves sweater.
8. Rainwear ( Jacket & Pants ).
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves.
10. Woolen cap.
11. Sun shielding Hat.
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream, etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack.
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional